Sunday, January 30, 2011

Yet I Will Praise Him

All has been eerily quiet from China lately.  No word on our Article 5 and whether or not we might get a medical expedite there as well.  Chinese New Year, officially Feb. 3, but celebrated the 2nd -8th is looming like a black hole in my mind, sucking the energy, vitality and strength from me.  Why?!  Because EVERYTHING Chinese shuts down for that time. 

This past week we have had several bits of discouraging information about our new home.  It needs the septic tanks pumped (that's what's causing the odor in the home) and the bank is not willing to pay for it or to let us have it repaired before closing, REALLY?!  We also can't get in AT ALL to do any sort of cleaning!?(before closing)  "WHY?"  I scream out to God. " I'm not superwoman!  I can't get the house cleaned and painted in two days with five kids in tow!!!"

“My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” 2 Corin. 12:9 

This past week I've been so focused on what isn't happening that I have forgotten to praise Him for what is.   God has provided a beautiful single story home on 15 acres and I need to have faith for the time to clean, the energy to paint and that our finances will pull through.  God is adding a beautiful, precious four year old girl to our family through His provision in paperwork and once again I have to have faith for finances.  On paper we have what we "need", but we all know that Murphy strikes.  (like with the septic system or lines at the store, LOL)

God did not ask us to adopt Lillyanna because everything would be perfect.  He wants us to have FAITH.  Faith like a mustard seed can move mountains, but sometimes we still have to wait... this is my weakness, but yet I will praise Him. 

No comments: