Saturday, January 1, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

The new year always makes me think of refreshment. Time to clarify goals and be more intentional in my life.

As 2010 drew to a close two things came to mind. One, where was the bookmark I bought? Secondly, for the last several months one of our children keeps praying for "----" to make it out of the fire safely. The name changes each night as he's asked to pray for various family members. Knowing his propensity to like to play with fire (that's the reason I don't burn candles), I kept thinking this was part of his fascination with fire. However, things have not been easy the last several months. Making the decision to adopt Lillyanna, looking for single story housing, schooling, issues with extended family, life in general could all be part of being in a fire. (Maybe he's had spiritual insight!) I do have the feeling that the next few months will be even harder, so maybe we haven't reached the fire yet. However, I am reminded of how one of the toughest times in our lives, the custody battle for Michael, was actually one of the most peaceful and wonderful times as well. The storm was swirling around us, but we were in the center and had complete peace that God was in control. Just like now.

Hope you have a blessed New Year!

2 comments:

Mer said...

Hey Jennifer...love keeping up with your journeys. Be sure and check out my latest post:)

Anonymous said...

Your blog brightens my day! What a beautiful family you have! May the Lord bless and strengthen you and may His peace keep your mind and heart.