Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Lord Works In Mysterious Ways!

I have spent three days calling and emailing the NVC.  I have called 50+ times and only been able to speak with a person 3 times, it was busy the 47+ other times, grrrr. lol.  So in my third attempt I was sweet and assertive and started the conversation out with answering the required data and then politely asked to speak to a supervisor.  No supervisors had been available during my second call and apparently they are not allowed to put people on extended hold, grrr.  The first two calls ended with being told that they couldn't email me a copy of the letter that is being mailed (snail mail) to me.  I know that is bogus because our agency said to contact them for it and other families from our agency got it done in the last month, double grrr.  All three emails sent Monday, Wednesday and today have gone unanswered as well.  Well that blows out of the water the statement from the operator that they respond to all emails!
So back to the third call.  I am transferred to the supervisor and tell him our woes- we got a medical expedite through immigration, the consulate will be taking Chinese New Year off and we really need to send our paperwork to China TOMORROW.  Axel told me that he will get a copy of our letter emailed to me tonight.  Let's pray that he isn't able to concentrate on anything else until he sends us a copy of our letter.  Is that too selfish?!  Who would have thought that a man named after a car part, or famous singer?, would be holding the key to keeping up the momentum on the adoption front. 

No comments: