Monday, January 31, 2011

A Precious Time

We know an extremely precious lady who is now battling pancreatic cancer.  I had hesitated to call her since this is the same thing that claimed my grandmother's life almost 14 years ago.  I was there at the end with my grandmother and it was tough and I just didn't know how I could say anything encouraging to our precious friend.  Yet, she has remained on my mind and though I pray, I knew I needed to move beyond myself and make that call.  So last night I was brave and called and... got an answering machine.

This morning as I was trying to recover my kitchen from the weekend when SHE CALLED ME!  Oh what a precious conversation where she wanted to know about how things were going with the adoption.  I haven't seen her in a while, so I wasn't sure if she knew.  I told her how last week was so discouraging for me and she shared that that was an encouragement to her because she had felt the same and it was nice to know she wasn't alone.  I knew that the frustration I had experienced last week was for a reason.  I never imagined that it would be to help encourage a sweet lady battling for her life.  The LORD works in mysterious ways...

For this precious friend and her honesty, I am so thankful.  I pray that God answers her desire and she is able to meet Lillyanna.

After our conversation, I checked our email and found that we got our Article 5!  I posted last night about how I will praise God even in frustration and today I was doubly blessed.  Our faith is made real if we can praise Him even when it isn't going our way.

God is in control and works ALL things for our good.

No comments: