Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A Moment of Doubt

Standing in my kitchen yesterday after working on getting E enrolled in part time Deaf Ed through our new school district, I was struck with, "It would be so much easier to put the kids in school.  We live in a better school district now...  I would have more time for the foster/adoption ministry.  I could finally have order in the house!  After the school supplies and clothes are bought, I would be DONE!!" 

Then I went to a local homeschool group's summer meeting (more out of duty than joy) and heard about several families that are new to homeschooling because they were fed up of stuff at public schools!  One woman had worked for a school district for 17 years then pulled her son out because they were tired of all the 'other stuff' happening at the school! (and it was one of the "good" schools)!!  Ms. V shared scripture after scripture about how kings of the Bible, God fearing kings, would doubt and put their trust in earthly things and God would have to reprimand them. 

Well, I would be remiss to ignore that God was trying to get MY attention.  That when I do have doubt, I need to trust HIM.  When I am feeling overwhelmed about how to school a 7th, 5th, two 1sts, a pre-K and basically a pre-pre-K, I need to trust that HE has a plan for all of this and it's not for me to lose my sanity.  Thank you Ms. V for your words of encouragement and scheduling such a wonderful time of refreshment.  Like a glass of water to a parched mouth, I left feeling revived and full of joy for what lies ahead.

No comments: