Friday, July 8, 2011

The Ants Come Marching...

Can you believe it's a week into JULY already?!  I can't.  Time is marching on and on.  Just like the ants that are invading our kitchen.  Those pesky ants first started visiting while we were in China and every three or so days there's a new batch of them marching on the wall.  Last weekend we set ant baits.  It hasn't helped.  Finally in desperation I called the exterminator today.  Hopefully next Tuesday will bring some deadly results, to the ants that is.

In other news, Lilly slept in her bed all night (without me too!).  She got up earlier than I would have liked, but I crossed the house,  told her to lay back down and I curled up on the foot of their bed for another 45 minutes.  I keep my favorite quilt at the foot of their bed for this purpose.  It's a total contrast to the cuteness and girliness of their room, but with a stuff animal or baby blanket under my head and the quilt over me I can usually squeeze in a few more winks.  This is only the second time that she has not woke up during the night since we've been home. (I think)  I am so sleep deprived, it may be the third...  :)

...just as ants come marching so do the "weights of the world".  They're not there one day and the next more and more and more.  In essence your good, then BAM!  Someone says untruth about you, a car needs repair, the kids whine and whine...(pick a problem)  They are always going to come and try to bring you down.  But just as you can squash ants, you can cast your cares on God and know that He can squash the problems that threaten to overtake your sanity and HE can bring justice and vengeance.  Case in point this post was started this morning when all was good and now I'm seeking God concerning several situations... 

No comments: