Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Casts are OFF!

What more can be said?!?  After five weeks and one day of being casted, she is free!  We are free.  I bought lifejackets for the girls while "in town" after we knew that she would not need to be recast.  Since we've only had her for 7 weeks and two days the feeling of her being in a cast for FOREVER, really isn't quite an overstatement. 
I would take pictures, but... her skin that was under the cast is...a little scaly right now and "Don't scratch that" is not one of the Chinese phrases I learned.  Imagine a snake shedding...
I also need to say that she did SO GOOD at the office.  "This is going to tickle" is another Chinese phrase I didn't learn.  So when someone you don't really know comes at you with a saw and says in English, "This is going to tickle." and your mom is holding you down and saying in Chinese, "It's okay, it's okay" to only cry, ain't bad.  We started with her arm and by the second side she wasn't even crying!!!  I am amazed.  God did good in calming her little heart.
X-rays were taken after the casts came off an it looks like she has a second fracture in her right fibula...  I just need to try to figure out if it's on the skeletal survey from two weeks ago.  The ortho was happy with the callus on it... Maybe we can go 48 hours on US soil without a cast?!  I'm hoping!!!!
Gotta run, the "science guy" is coming over for dinner and experiments tonight!!!

No comments: