Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Paperwork Time

I have spent the afternoon making copies of all of Little Mama's and Lolipop's paperwork.  Tomorrow afternoon I am going to our (old) county's district clerk's office to file for their adoptions to be recognized by US courts.  I have been waiting months for our lawyer to call us back and our friend that is a lawyer wasn't exactly sure how to do foreign adoptions... but, thankfully a travel mate sent out a link for the state of Texas!!!  YEAH!!!  I have been putting it off for a few weeks, but with the recent wildfires nearby and being out of town when they were the closest, I realized that the only proof that they were ours was in a house that could get burnt. Not good.  Since we have never received Lollipop's SS card, I am going (time permitting) to apply for that too!  :)

Prayers would be appreciated since I have tried this once before with just Little Mama's paperwork, but didn't have the information or forms (very official looking, that I just printed from the state website! :)) and was told to contact a lawyer... So if your from the state of Texas and don't want to pay lawyer fees on top of filing fees, visit here for the forms you need.  I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments: