Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Lawyerish Chickens

Well my trek down to our previous county's courthouse proved to be fruitful, I think!?!  After getting a cause number and 'almost' paying the filing fee, the staff decided that I would need to go take care of this in our new county. But wait!...  After 10 minutes of praying while standing at the filing counter it was decided that I could go ahead and file in our previous county.  So the filing fee was paid and I got a DISCOUNT!!! and I have receipts to prove my 2 hours of effort!

We are currently on the docket for Nov. 16th, our (previous) county's "Adoption Day".  (First ones!!!)  Now if there are any issues, we won't know until we appear in court, but hopefully, prayerfully there won't be.  We will be representing ourselves and as long as the judge accepts our paperwork then it's a done deal.  Whether US courts recognize our daughter's foreign adoptions or not is not a super huge deal, it just means that they don't have US birth certificates.  So even if some unforeseeable something happens, they are still ours and we will then just resubmit in our new county (and maybe hire a lawyer... :) ha,ha)

Going to the SS office wasn't too bad.  I had expected to not even be seen after hearing of horrendous waits and the filing at the District Clerk's office took way longer than I had anticipated, but I still had time before I had to head back home.  I waited maybe 5-10 minutes and then was seen by a wonderful, sweet woman.  It's amazing that all our Chinese documentation didn't count for anything, but only her US Citizenship and an insurance card with my name.  Thank goodness for insurance cards!  It's a little scary that they could look up whatever they needed to with the insurance card...hmmm. ((---someone's watching!--- do do do doo))

As I wrote the first three paragraphs M&M had some unsupervised time with the chickens....long story.  They are all alive!  But, we had to chase two out of the thorny woods and get them back in their pen... The three of us who are scratched up are not exactly 'feeling the love' and so for all of our sakes M&M is having some alone time in his bed.  I know I should be with him, but mom has had ENOUGH (for right now).


Within minutes of being home this afternoon (yes, I was out ALONE!!!)  Lolipop put a Lego up her nose.  This isn't the first time I've had to get a toy out of her nose...maybe I should invest in some of those medical alligator clips.  And my attempts at asking why she did it??  Only led to her telling me she did it ~sigh~.

Our washer is having issues as well...


So here's my job title for the day, you know us stay at home moms wear many hats, Lawyerish Chicken Farmer with Medical and Plumbing Experience Associate

No comments: