Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A Moment of Joy

As I was on the 70+ mile drive to Shriners this morning with six kids in tow and after having gotten them up at 6am and dressed and fed and leaving at 7:15am, I realized how happy I was.  Kind of a strange time to relish motherhood as I was zipping down the interstate.  But it happened.  I was overcome with a gladness for where I am in life and for how each child brings a special blessing to our family.  I don't have to worry about them suffering from the same loneliness I experienced as an only child.  LOL!

The news that we got from Shriners was not good or bad, but still inconclusive.  The DEXA test, shows osteoporosis, but since her DNA test is normal she doesn't technically and most likely doesn't have Osteogenesis Imperfecta.  However there are types of OI where the DNA is normal and so now we are trying to schedule with an Endocrynologist (I'm sure that spelling has issues) and see if the issue is more dietary (diet in China) or are we dealing with a type of OI, or is the brittle bones because of something else...  Though I'm frustrated with still not having answers, I have a peace that God is in control and we will find out why Lillyanna breaks so easily.  It just won't be today.

No comments: