Monday, August 15, 2011

Happy Birthday, Mom!

Today I had the most wonderful chance to spend my mom's birthday with her (at least the majority of it, more on that later).  This is a first in MANY years.  Since they don't live close (yet) we don't get a chance to see them often.  My mom was diagnosed several years ago with a "terminal" condition.  The doctor only gave her 3-5 years to live.  Well she has outlived her expected lifespan (by years) and she is getting better!  At this rate, she might outlive me!

I am so thankful for the godly influence my mom has been to me.  She is an intercessor on mine and my family's behalf.  She researches our children's diagnosis' and informs not only herself, but passes along useful information to me.  She has taught me how to persevere in the midst of illness, adversity and unpopularity.  She is my best friend.

Mom, thank you.  I love you. 

No comments: