Monday, March 14, 2011

The Worry Tries to Come

This past week has been fraught with turmoil.  One child is really struggling.  Trying to organize and resettle.  Bickering between the boys.  Mr. Incredible was gone to help his mom move... After days of basically no mail, the bills have started arriving.  Carrying two mortgages and two utilities... 

I start to worry and the what if's try to crush me.

There's something wrong with our dossier in China and the government there is trying to fix it.  We have no idea what the problem is, but the blackout dates of April 8-30th for travel are looming overwhelmingly large.  I guess it is encouraging that they are not asking for us to redo something, but it is maddening that our Travel Approval is waiting only on one person's signature and there is some issue that we are powerless to resolve. 

We are powerless, but God is not. 

The devotion for today in "Jesus Calling" ends with, "Be still, and know that I am God".  God is God and I am not.  No amount of worrying or anger is going to bring Lilly home sooner.  My attitudes toward all my children need to reflect God's love and not the uncertainty over timing that I feel.  We may be in China a month from now or we may be updating our homestudy and planning on travel in May or June.  Whatever comes God is in control.  My faith is in my Father.  My hope rests in Him.  By His grace we continue on.

No comments: