Monday, March 21, 2011

Proving Ground

The last three if not four weeks of our lives have been hard beyond measure. Glorious in some ways seeing God's provision and utterly discouraging in others as we cycle through the valley of bickering, contention and a child who is unable to be reasoned with.

My pastor said on Sunday that a tree's roots only grow stronger and deeper by being blown by the wind. This is one of those times in life when the "rubber meets the road" or "being stretched to the limit" is almost an understatement.

We still have no word on TA and it is looking like May will be our travel date, if then... so many factors, so many uncertainties... and I've heard ticket prices are soaring. I don't have the strength to look, not today.

My trust is that He is still there, but this is one of those days where I cannot base that trust on feelings, but by looking back and seeing how God has been faithful.

No comments: