Friday, December 3, 2010

I Love Spring!


So why am I saying I love Spring in the middle of Winter?!  Because there are some beautiful flowering bushes that we have in our yard that remind me of Spring!  When we first bought our home eight years ago I thought it strange that these bushes bloom at the end of November/December time frame.  I honestly thought that the weather messed up their flowering cycle.  However, after eight years of the same thing happening and doing some research- their camelias.  I now know to expect their blooming.  Even though it happens in the winter it makes me think of Spring and how the refreshing of life to the earth is just around the corner. 

Winter is generally a hard time for me because of the reduction of sunlight, but these wonderful pink flowers all across our back yard are such refreshment.  It is also bittersweet, as this will most likely be the last winter that we will be here to enjoy them.  I am excited about God adding to our family, I am thrilled to possibly be moving (still no word on the new house), but after investing eight years of our lives here and bringing three of our five home here, it will be a loss.  Life has many different seasons just as a year has seasons.  I wait, somewhat patiently, to see what God would have for us in this coming season of our lives.  A friend made a statement this morning about us purchasing the new van because "aren't you adopting more?"  (speaking of more beyond the next one) WHAT?!?  We only know about the one more!  Life is so busy and I've already had to back out of at least one commitment.   Mr. Incredible and mine's conversations mostly involve what the next day holds and what has happened during the current day.  Dates happen once a month, if then, and usually involve Walmart. Lol!  My mind swims at the thought of "more"!  I lose track of appointments if they are not our usual ones.  (even when on the calander! :-/)  Fortunately I haven't lost track of a child (yet).  Already the laundry pile becomes a mountain if I get behind.  I have no idea how we are going to pack, adopt, school, and get to our many appointments if we do get the new house.  More? Really?! (shaking head)  But God has a plan, I need to trust....

As if life already isn't -(fill in the blank)- enough, when you have a child that constantly tests you and shirks their school work sometimes you have to get creative.  Today in point, I came up with, "A math lesson a day keeps mom happy and gay."  Hopefully that got the point across, if not I'll have to resort to more rhymery!

Thank you Lord for reminding me of your refreshing.  May I be able to have a spring in my step and a song in my heart as I serve the mission field you have given me.

1 comment:

Piano mom said...

We have camellias too and I love to see them bloom. Mine aren't open yet, so soon hopefully.