Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Foray Into Public Education

Today I attended an ARD for Elizabeth.  We are going to be trying her in the Deaf Ed  3 year old classroom.  I am overwhelmed about all the restrictions on clothing, like if your pants has belt loops you have to wear a belt!?  Or the "only tennis shoes" policy.  GRRRR.  I hope that I can do this.  If she doesn't do well, we will be requesting home sessions and just speech again. 
They kept spouting socialization importance to me.  I really wanted to say, I don't want MY daughter acting like YOUR daughter!  We'll try and see, in January! 

4 comments:

Janette said...

As a former kindergarten teacher at a public school, let me tell you the tennis shoes policy is a good one. It means that she'll be able to play on the playground without getting hurt because her shoe fell off or wasn't made for running and playing in. You can do this...public school isn't the devil! :)

Piano mom said...

Don't get frustrated. Just like many other things, the beginning can seem overwhelming b/c of all the info, etc. It really is not that difficult.

I have prayed for T's friends since she was in school and God has always been faithful. Yes, she has bad habits, but she can pick those up from home and her own sinful nature. Her friend choices have been wonderful and God is ALWAYS faithful! We can trust our kiddos in His hands.

The Cornett Family said...

You can always pull her out if you are not happy with how things are going. I have told myself this since Jared's 1st day of kindergarten. He's now 11 yrs old and every year God has blessed us with wonderful teachers and friends from FBC in his class! Remember, God loves our children more then we could ever love them. If this is what the LORD wants for her...(even though it may not be easy)... you will be at peace with your decision.

Jennifer said...

Thanks for the encouragement, ladies!