Monday, May 23, 2011

Last Details

Mr. Incredible and I spent about 3-4 hours looking for our camcorder bag.  Because in said bag was the connect to the computer cable.  (need to empty it so we can fill it back up in CHINA!!!)  We checked EVERY box ANYWHERE in the house.  Then, we started getting the garage organized (finally) in our quest for the bag. I finally found it this morning in a box in the garage.  There is absolutely no sign of the cat food bucket though :(  I guess we win some and in my case I have literally lost some. 

I have the girls suitcase packed with everything I think we will need clothes, diapering and entertainment wise.  I am contemplating packing a fourth suitcase (instead of the originally intended 3) just for food stuffs.  I have a mild paranoia about eating and not finding GF food.  Three of the five restaurants on Shamain Island can do some GF options, but I'm taking lots of snack bars (and I think some nutritional drinks for the girls) just in case.  After Elizabeth eating by only a syringe for a month, one can never be too careful.  It's also nice to take things like raisins and fruit snacks in order to expose our new one to some of our common foods. 

So as I was preparing all the paperwork for my parents while we are gone.  I noticed I was missing a child's insurance card.  No big deal, right?!  Wrong!!!  It would be the card of the child who gets injured the most!!!  After a frantic hour of searching I found it in the glove box of our car.  Did I stick it there?!?  Did Mr. Incredible?  I am just so glad it wasn't in a returned library book or accidentally thrown out. (all possible options :))  Yeah, I think I have high stress levels.  And right now if my head wasn't attached, I would really look like a chicken running around with it's head cut off!  LOL!

In preparation for our trip, I've been letting Elizabeth watch the videos we have of Lillyanna.  I hadn't let her see them before we got TA.  Just with all the delays my heart really began to wonder.  When Lilly would wave her hand or hold up fingers, Elizabeth would wave or count.  Truly precious.  I would point and say "sister" and in true Elizabeth fashion she parroted back "sister" as she pointed at the screen.  I would have recorded it, but there is no room on the aforementioned camcorder and since I didn't find the cable until after Mr. Incredible left for work and I really don't want to make anything explode... it is a moment that I will have to cherish in my memory.  In truth, watching the videos calmed my anxious heart some.  I saw again a child that is truly a precious creation of God.  Her bones may not be perfect, but she is still a beautiful creation. 

No comments: