Friday, November 19, 2010

Little Girl Naming

We are currently working on a name for our latest addition.  Tonight I was flipping through the baby naming book we purchased 12 years ago as we were expecting our first.  I never imagined that 12 years later I'd be looking at names for a three year old little girl in China with brittle bones who was going to join our family.  Amazing how God works!
I started perusing our book when we found out about little miss.  I also started looking at online sites.  It's kind of hard going to "baby" naming sites in order to look up meanings and expand the search of names, since she is not a baby and I had to sacrifice my desire of adopting a baby in order to adopt little miss. I know God is working in all of this, but it's still a little hard.  There's also the trouble of our other children have a biblical name or a name derived from a biblical name. Not wanting to break the trend we would like to name her a biblical name, but there aren't that many biblical names that I like that make sense for a little girl from China too boot.
So the debate continues on what first name do we choose, or should I say God has chosen and yet to reveal to us!  We know her first middle name is going to be Faith, since it is taking such a leap of faith on our part to do this.  Her second middle name will be her Chinese name and of course she will have our last name.  The names that are currently in the mix are Lily, Anna, Chloe and Emily (not biblical).  I really would like a name ending in -ly since her Chinese name ends in the "ly"sound.  Mr. Incredible really likes Anna.  I did come up with Lilyana to try to make us both happy, but we still haven't reached any decisions. 
I know we have some time.  God only knows how fast the rest of this will go, but we are thinking we will travel in March given China's expediting our process.  This step of waiting for I-800A approval is supposed to take somewhere between 30-45 days.  We'll see how God works on US Immigration in order to bring little miss home quickly. 
In the meantime, we wait and pray and look for vehicles!

No comments: