Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Hearing Aids and Other Tidbits

Today Elizabeth got physician clearance for getting hearing aids!!!!   I know that that may not sound exciting to some, but it has been what we've been needing for a while now.  So I made a call this afternoon and left a message for a program that might be able to provide free or reduced cost hearing aids.  If that doesn't pan out maybe a check will show up on our mailbox?!  I know we serve a big God and that all things are possible!
We still haven't heard anything on the house that we put a contract in for.  More waiting, praying, hoping and praying.
In other news, our schedule is once again changing as a new occupational therapist will be starting the week after Thanksgiving and cannot work with us at the time slots we currently have.  Our schedule will be changing even more when Elizabeth begins her Pre-K classes in the deaf ed classroom.  Change can be good and it can be maddening!
Upwards was something that we had signed up for (like we needed something else to do!), but I had to call today and withdraw (after much prayer and agony).  We may be out the $$$ or if they can fill our spots we can get a refund.  At this point I really don't care.  God is our provider.  K was going to have weekly practice instead of just Saturday "games".  Jacob wasn't too thrilled about it to begin with and I am tired of sacrificing our Saturdays on the alter of basketball.  I was so impressed this morning during my quite time (aka taking a shower) that we needed to withdraw, I had to call Rick.  I don't know what God has in store for us, but if withdrawing from Upwards shows obedience, I'm all in for a simpler life and less hectic schedule. So, no Upwards!  Instead we are going to have family basketball in the driveway, maybe move to the new house?, and have time to work on things around the house (maybe pack?).  Rick and I have had the same feeling that we will be adopting and moving at pretty much the same time.  Not quite sure how that is going to work.  But God does!  Maybe Upwards would have been a good thing, but not the best thing because God knows what's coming!?
I also know that this adoption is going to pull more out of us than any yet.  It already is.  Needing a new home, needing a new vehicle, mentally trying to prepare ourselves for a four year old that doesn't know English and could break if touched/picked up in the "wrong" way has been a lot to think and pray about.  I find myself lifting Elizabeth and wondering if I picked up little miss the same way would she break?!  Or somebody bumping into something and wondering if we would be rushing to the ER with a broken bone, if it had been little miss.  It has all been a matter of lots of prayer and trust and FAITH! 
There isn't any news on our paperwork.  It made it to the USCIS office and we are awaiting appointments for fingerprinting.  Praying that comes by December 2 or so, however once again God is in control and knows and cares.

No comments: