Saturday, April 7, 2012

To Meet or not to Meet, THAT is the ?

While I was out tending to M&M's OT/ST and doing our once a month shopping, we got a phone call AND Mr. Incredible remembered to tell me about it (a small miracle in itself as that doesn't always happen).  Now everyday we get many phone calls, some of them are even not solicitors.  :)  So now we have a decision to make.  After our instant, unplanned run to Dallas on Thursday, I am kind of inclined to say 'no'.  But then I have to look beyond my wants to the awesome opportunity...  We didn't visit Lollipop's orphanage in China, the all day trip and $$$ were just not something that we were willing/able to handle.  Late last year the director of her orphanage was in the USA, visited our adoption agency and specifically wanted to know how Lollipop was doing, apparently asking our agency several times about her.  LOL  (I'm not the only one who asks repeatedly for something!)  So within minutes of the request of me, I sent pictures and a brief update (in addition to the post placement report).  Doesn't that make you think I just have oodles of extra time!  LOL!

NOW a whole delegation from her orphanage is in the USA and want to MEET Lollipop's family!!!!  They will be in Austin Wednesday.  ...Well not what I had planned, but we don't have any appointments and if Mr. Incredible can get someone to cover, he could go with us too because I don't really see how taking six kids by myself for the 5 hour drive (each way) is humanly possible while still recovering from being sick for the last week and being able to keep up with the rest of next week and not collapse.  aaaahhhhhhhh, deep breaths.....  A Chinese delegation wanting to meet OUR FAMILY (not just see Lollipop).  This #1 causes some excitement and anxiety, #2 it makes me curious as to why, #3 I want to ask "WHY, DIDN'T YOU tell US she had fractured an additional SIX TIMES in a YEAR!!!!!".  (deep breaths, again)  I so desperately want to know, but on the other hand, DOES IT MATTER?!?!  She is my daughter.   Whether there was intentional omission of pertinent information or unintentional omission, I cannot change it.  We are where we are.  She is our daughter.  A little sister.  A big sister.  A member of our family.  Cherished.  Loved.  Wanted.  Not Abandoned.  She is home.

In reality I think the officials really care how she is (even if they didn't disclose about the additional fractures) and want to make sure she is doing well.  Or maybe they want to meet the crazy people that would adopt a child that breaks every third month?! ;-)  For whatever reason they want to meet.  I think we will make the journey (try to enjoy the drive) and enjoy getting to meet people who have known our daughter longer than we have.  (head shaking, still a strange concept to grasp

....and I think I have the PERFECT outfit for her to wear, all pink!


No comments: