Thursday, April 26, 2012

Run Around

Spending copious amounts of time on the phone is NOT something I have time for, kids for or patience for.  Yet that is where I have been for the last three days.  Still no resolution. 
It all started as an inquiry to see if Medicaid would reimburse for the airfare to NE (or part of it).  It may have been about getting some money the first day, but by the second day and 20 phone calls later it was more about how ludicrous 'the system' is and follow through.  A matter of principle.  And today... on sheer will power I have pursued getting 'help' and it still isn't over.  I have spent over 7 hours on the phone in three days.  I have spoken with 20+ people representing Medicaid, 2 doctors offices and our insurance company. 
Tomorrow we may have resolution... and then again maybe not. 
Lord, help our country if O-care is not repealed.  I now know why some people give up.  Little did they know that they hung up on the wrong girl two too many times. 

My war paint.  I am mommy hear me RAWR!

4 comments:

Foster Mamalion said...

You GO girl. I SO feel your pain. I am NOT, let me repeat NOT, ask anyone who knows me, NOT a phone girl. Email, text, but NOPE NOT on the phone girl so it makes me break out in a cold sweat to know how long you have been on the phone! Do you have Serenity essential oil? If not, I imagine you need it! So sorry! Praying for POSITIVE resolution soon!

Mer said...

I'm with K! CAN'T DO IT!!!!!!! Love your pic:)

Laura said...

You go girl! Fight the system! Power to the Momma's!

SECRET PEPPER PERSON: said...

Love the photo. This is what you ca;; "multi-tasking."