Monday, April 30, 2012

Protocol

Days into the airfare saga I found out that I didn't follow protocol...  So what's new!?!  Since my days in Kindergarten, I have had a special knack for somehow stepping on someone's toes, saying something that offends or otherwise popping off a smart remark.  Guess I still got it!  I have tried and tried and tried to do better and prayed and begged and pleaded to God to be able to 'do it right'.  However, I have a very direct manner that sometimes helps and sometimes...  ...well it just doesn't help.  Fortunately (or not), I have been able to speak to over 30 Medicaid staffers, 2 doctors offices, 1 caseworker, 1 State Representative's office staffer and 1 Medicaid 'Official' (like the kind in Austin that has a real desk and a last name).  It really doesn't matter if we get the airfare covered at this point, though the official is rooting for us :).  I now know the protocol and know where to find the request form.  I am signed up as a transportation provider (don't ask me to fly the plane though :)).  I have copious notes and ticket numbers.  Lots of first names and a whole lot of people that I otherwise would not have met now know that there's this mom in Texas who has a daughter from China with OI that she WILL fight for.  And I will pray for them, each of them, even if I didn't understand their name, because they are people, people who need God, people who need a savior, people just like you and me.

I am so glad that I have tried.  I now know just how hard the system is.  I am so thankful for private insurance.  I am also blessed to have Mr. Incredible who provides so faithfully.  But more than that I am so abundantly blessed to have a God who knows my every need and every need that Lollipop has and provides for each of those needs.  I am so happy to be HIS and be able to pour out my frustrations (and they are many :)) to my loving Father.

So whether we have Medicaid's blessing or not we will get on a plane tomorrow and go.  Before we leave there are so many things that need to be done.  Pack, make lists of appts., more calls.  The protocol of leaving.  And attend a training tomorrow.  Never ending.  Maybe I might get it right?!?  But odds are there will be some phone call with last minute instructions or a forgotten toothbrush...  I am so thankful that God loves me despite my shortcomings.  He has a plan.  He will see us through.  Though our future looks uncertain, HE reigns.

No comments: