Saturday, January 7, 2012

No Surprises

These phrases have rolled through my mind the last couple of days.

"My peace I give to you"

"Do not be troubled, for I have overcome"

"Don't worry about tomorrow"

"I know the plans I have for you"

"I knit you together in your mother's womb"

"Nothing surprises me"

We knew when we adopted Lolipop that she had Osteogenesis Imperfecta. We thought she had only had six fractures, she'd had at least twelve before we adopted her. We didn't know about all the fractures, but God did. God created her in her birth mother's womb. God knew that she would be adopted. God knew that she would become our daughter. So the femur fracture, the three other fractures since she's been home, none of these have surprised HIM.

Sitting and waiting for a doctor at Scottish Rite, I went through all the x-rays and actually detailed which bones were broken on what date. Of course the healing fractures that we were not told about were not among the x-rays. Though I have seen them before, some of her fractures still send a shiver down my spine. The pain that this little girl has endured in her five short years of life.

We met with her orthopedic and endocrinologist/nephrologist. The ortho deemed it best for her to have rodding surgery. I think I surprised his whole team when I said, "Okay, how about today?" Well our imported Chinese daughter apparently needs an imported Canadian part. So surgery is set for Tuesday, but we have to be there by noon on Monday, hhhhhhhh. The last two days have been spent doing our usual things along with trying to prepare for being gone most, if not all, of next week. If everything goes well, we will be headed home on Thursday. (I try not to even think about if it doesn't go well.) I am sure after being in the hospital for three nights and by her side the entire time except for surgery, I may not be in my best form. :)

If any of you will be in Dallas next week and near the historical area and want to stop by, we'll be there. Mr. Incredible will be home with the other kids, we have a sitter scheduled for most of monday and tuesday during the day, so that he can work some. Trying to figure out Wednesday and Thursday still, maybe he might work from home? (since our sitter can only work four hours each day and it takes him almost .75 of an hour each direction to just commute) and the puppy has a vet visit on Wednesday and the boys have piano on Thursday... It just doesn't stop!

So if you feel surprised by a certain situation or feel that God has let you down, remember NOTHING surprises God. He sifts the details of our lives through His fingers so that nothing touches us that won't somehow make us a better reflection of HIM. (not always easy to remember, don't always feel it, but that doesn't make it any less true!)

No comments: