Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Getting Ready

Tonight I leave with Lollipop to once again spend the night in Dallas because we have an EARLY appointment.  4 am or $60 bucks, hmm.  I'll choose to spend the money right now.  The map is printed, because I am NOT going to get horribly lost like the last TWO times...  Something about Google not showing the highway ending and being diverted into the historical district...  I have been SO thankful for a 'smart' phone when I have been totally lost in the not so good part of Dallas at 12 am, now it was the google map on the smart phone that got me lost, but we won't go there.

A few days worth of clothes for me and her, our toiletries, some GF snacks, a disc of x-rays, another disc of x-rays and ANOTHER disc of x-rays and a disc of TobyMac are set out to be packed.  Now I just need to get activities pulled together for all staying at home.  And "freshen up" the activities for her that she can do lying on her back.  AND pack all the stuff that I've set out into ONE bag, that I can carry while carrying her.  Easy enough, right!?!

I never thought that I would pray that my child has surgery, but I am honestly hoping that the doctor sees the need for rodding her left femur and we can go ahead and get it done.  One of her healing fractures when we got her was her left femur... so it was broken twice last year. 

Last year..., hard to believe that terminology.  We moved, last year.  We adopted her, last year.  Our lives went topsy turvy, last year.  I guess that means THIS YEAR...., hmm, I wonder what God has for us this year.  Well whatever it is, I know HE WILL see us through.  (though I most probably definitely will not like whatever 'stretching' exercise it may involve :))  lol!  Guess my human side is showing through! 

No comments: