Thursday, December 29, 2011

Lolipop's 'new' wardrobe

 
Having a child with a bar between her legs (spica cast) has led to the need to develop a wardrobe that doesn't need to go up her legs and can accommodate the girth of the cast while still maintaining a decorum of modesty.  Since Lolipop is five and has been toilet trained for a number of years, reverting to using a diaper was not an option that she wanted.  (or myself either)  So our 'panties' are now handkerchiefs with ribbons sewn to the corners to tie them on.  And unless we want to wear just a shirt and our 'panties', I had to sew dresses that had the width needed to accommodate the cast and the ease of just slipping over her head, enter pillowcase dresses.  So far we have three panties and two dresses.  The panties are easy enough, but the dresses have tested me.  A pillowcase isn't wide enough and so I'm having to use fabric.  So if anyone has oodles of time on their hands or has a daughter that likes to sew, I have project ideas for you! (and even some fabric I haven't had time to make into dresses yet.)


No comments: