Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Words of Encouragement

As I ran about town yesterday, I stopped at a friends to drop some items off for her adoption travels.  I felt so drained, so empty, so exhausted.  We still have no word on our TA.  She gave me a precious devotional, Jesus Calling.  Here's the entry for February 21st:
"TRUST AND THANKFULNESS WILL get you safely through this day.  Trust protects you from worrying and obsessing.  Thankfulness keeps you from criticizing and complaining; those 'sister sins' that so easily entangle you.
Keeping your eyes on Me is the same thing as trusting Me.  It is a free choice that you must make thousands of times daily.  The more you choose to trust Me, the easier it becomes.  Thought patterns of trust become etched into your brain.  Relegate troubles to the periphery of your mind, so that I can be central in your thoughts.  Thus you focus on Me, entrusting you concerns into My care."


Colossians 2:6-7 (the Message) "My counsel for you is simple and straightforward: Just go ahead with what you've been given. You received Christ Jesus, the Master; now live him. You're deeply rooted in him. You're well constructed upon him. You know your way around the faith. Now do what you've been taught. School's out; quit studying the subject and start living it! And let your living spill over into thanksgiving."

Psalm 141:8 "But God, dear Lord,
      I only have eyes for you.
   Since I've run for dear life to you,
      take good care of me.
   Protect me from their evil scheming,
      from all their demonic subterfuge.
   Let the wicked fall flat on their faces,
      while I walk off without a scratch." (the Message)

1 Peter 5:7 (the Message) "So be content with who you are, and don't put on airs. God's strong hand is on you; he'll promote you at the right time. Live carefree before God; he is most careful with you." 

1 comment:

Piano mom said...

Good to hear any day! Thanks for sharing.