Thursday, May 31, 2012

Survival of the Fittest (or Two More Days!)

AAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Breathe.  Just Breathe.

So ready for daddy to be home.  Only two more days, only two more days.

I usually am productive and get lots done while he is gone.  Not so much this time.  I have gotten 2 inches of EOB's for this year sorted and filed and worked on finding homes for the stacks of stuff in our room.  Still not done with that one.  My closet is not only for my clothes, but all my scrapbooking supplies, childhood memorabilia, presents, extra whatever that doesn't have storage in the house and also is our tornado shelter and NO my closet isn't THAT big.... (and I am not taking a picture), but here are some others of our week(s). :)


Bed booty, at least he didn't eat the cookies or the Larabar! Snuck into my room and retrieved the pantry key to accomplish this during the middle of the night.  ....Maybe that's the reason I am having trouble sleeping???


The wolf spider? that has taken up residence in our pantry

It really feels like survival of the fittest around here.  ....and I am not so fit since running out of time to squeeze in Zumba.  Maybe if I wrote down all that I did these past 10 days, I would feel a little more accomplished.

Okay here goes...

Pay bills
Schedule Dr. M- hearing aid coil
Write letter for doctor
Make sure doctor sends letter
fax 90 day info
refax 'missing' info
pain survey with L
Cancel DEXA
Cancel SR
Call Dr. B and set up follow up appt.
Go to follow up appt. with dr. B
New letter for doctor- they apparently can't cut and paste!
Make sure doctor sends letter- still waiting after a week...
Follow up email about post adoption follow up
Contact adoption agency about no report yet
File paperwork
Call insurance about claims
Deal with Medicaid x 5 (at least)
Dr. E- Exogen?
Call nurse about L's genetic test (4 calls)

Pick up E x1
Drop off E x9, dad has done this x7
cancel home warranty service call

M's script/pu and drop/ pu
Follow up with scheduling MRI x3 and still not scheduled
E's test results?
Science at A's
grocery shop
M's OT/ST x 4 (three so far)
M to Carrie x 1
follow up on tractor
L to ortho
Z to training
more follow up with NE 
milk run
chicken feed
drop off donation x 2


and then there was all the non-planned activities, like the washer flooding the laundry room or 4000+ tiny metal ball pick up (yeah, my first estimate was a little low); or the things you take for granted like feeding the kids (yeah, they like to eat...).
Dinner one day last week.  I was plumb wore out from paperwork.  LOVE Udi's GF hot dog buns!!!!
Small Metal Balls.  This is one of the sweeps of the entryway.  Can you believe this gets vacuumed everyday??? 


Here's a nickel to show you some relative size proportion, also found the nickel while cleaning.

What SMB do to a tub.  Found this in my bathroom after 9pm.  Did I mention he requires CLOSE supervision?

How Bon Ami helped. :) Happy momma!

And then there is all the extra time spent with the kids (rocking or talking or both) because they are upset that daddy is gone and maybe aren't even understanding their own feelings, but are acting out (way, way out).

I've been busy, but unfortunately it isn't with things that pertain to the house being clean or my room being better organized.  (I know in my head that life is not about these things.  However, when you can't find the info you need or trip hazards abound, it's easy to forget.)

You win some.  You lose some.  The battle of the paperwork is one I am losing.  Yes, it's survival of the fittest around here.  Hopefully I can survive two more days, only two more days, only two more days.
At least I've out lived the snake!



The rat snake that I didn't run over a couple of weeks ago, tried to eat one of our teenage chickens.  My dad intervened and Jeans is still alive, but the snake isn't.


J-daddy skinning the snake to make a belt...(eewww!)... I am in the safety of my parent's RV. :)

P.S. Yes, my parents are around and they help, like taking E to school so that I don't have to load everyone up to take her, since Mr. Incredible is gone.  But they are more like back up or special project people.  There when you need them and busy with their own stuff if you don't, ie. if there is an emergency (L falls and needs xrays) or if a snake needs to be killed or you need to learn how to skin a snake or occasionally watch the kids so we can go on a date; they also fill the voids, ie. not everyone wants to go on a therapy trip, and they make coffee for me. : P  But as with other things in my life, this too is a balancing act.


No comments: