Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The Remains

Farm life is different.

On Monday we had our first 'slaughter'. The white rooster is no longer with us in his former glory. But the chicken yard is a much happier place now, both for the chickens and the people who tend them.

I will miss the white rooster, and his antics. We was quite the crower and I must confess I enjoyed seeing him try to find out who was crowing back (it was me). LOL! I guess I have a pretty convincing crow! He would run all over the yard or stand at the fence trying to find the source. Good times.

He made for a good couple of dinners and this is the way it is when you live on a farm (or so I keep being told).

Bye, bye Rooster McGooster, you are not quite the bird you used to be. Thank you for the laughs and thank you for being our dinner.

No comments: