Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Miopia and a little news

Monday's post:

Miopia is near sightedness.  How near sighted we were when this adoption began.  How near sighted I continue to feel as we have been living literally 9 1/2 weeks waiting for tomorrow. (11 weeks since the Article 5)  For 9.5 weeks we've been unable to make long range plans (like more than two weeks in advance).  We "live" for each email from our agency waiting to see if we have travel approval.  A week ago we were told "very soon" and the last two emails (Friday and today) that I sent to the agency have gone unanswered.  GGGGRRRRRRRRRR!

It's at times like these that I lose my peace and quite honestly I've been struggling with depression.  The wait to have Lillyanna in our arms has been exceedingly long, since September.  Keeping up with three properties totaling 35.4 acres is daunting.  Not being able to change our legal residence because of the adoption and the adoption being drawn out is maddening.  There are so many "little" things that need to be fixed or done and I never have enough time to do them.  The thing that really eats me up is how China did everything in the beginning so fast and now when EVERYONE else is getting Travel Approval in three weeks or less we have been waiting MORE THAN NINE!!!!  (I know God's perfect timing :-))  But I am really wondering if China simply doesn't want us to adopt her and they keep dragging their feet.  The frugal part of me wonders if all the delays might make them drop the $5,300 orphanage donation fee (don't think it's likely, but maybe?! :-)).  Mr. Incredible continues to travel a lot, mostly day trips, but still very inconvenient (to me). 

So that's what our life looks like right now.  Not very pretty or glorious.  However I know as God continues to work in our muddy mess there will be a beautiful piece of pottery emerge.  He is the master potter and I'm (we are) the clay.

The devotional for today in Jesus Calling is:
"Peace is my continual gift to you, it flows abundantly from My throne of grace.  Just as the Israelites could not store up manna for the future but had to gather it daily, so it is with My Peace.  The day-by-day collecting of manna kept My people aware of their dependence on Me.  Similarly, I give you sufficient Peace for the present, when you come to me by prayer and petition with thanksgiving.  If I gave you permanent Peace, independent of My Presence, you might fall into the trap of self-sufficiency.  May that never be!
I have designed you to need Me moment by moment.  As your awareness  of your needdiness increases, so does you realization of My abundant sufficiency.  I can meet every one of your needs without draining My resources at all.  Approach My throne of grace with bold confidence, receiving My Peace with a thankful heart."
The scripture readings are, Ex. 16:14-20; Phil. 4:6-7,19; Hebrews 4:16

Tuesday's Post:
We still do not have Travel Approval, HOWEVER, we do know that we are now actually waiting to get TA in China.  Apparently the director of this department in China called our agency's office in China to let them know that they FINALLY had all the paperwork and they we REALLY are now waiting to get TA.  That all transpired on 4/12, so who knows when we we actually get it.  I am so glad that I stepped up and called a detail person at our agency, since I am a detail person and I have been speaking and emailing with an overview person.  So no great exciting news, but at least we know more of what is going on and that helps.  I guess being the first family in the ENTIRE WORLD to do a copy dossier with China has a few drawbacks!  Yes, not our agency, but of ANY agency in the world we are the FIRST.  Not sure I like being the ground breaker... :)

No comments: