Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Today We Met Our Goal

So being the good mom that I am (lol), I have no pictures of today's feat, BUT we went out to a public playground! as a family!!! (minus Mr. Incredible) and Lolipop was with the general population (not in some stroller or swing)!!!!!

This may not seem like a large accomplishment to some, but for us... this was HUGE! actually bigger than HUGE.  It was a FIRST!

Before we left the house, I looked at the kids and gave them the rules #1 Obey the rules of the facility #2 Come when mom calls (because you never know when you might have to leave) #3 Behave like you know you are supposed to.  Then I looked directly at L and said, "I want you to try not to break anything."

So in her Wee Walker boot on her right leg and with a shoe on and ace bandage around her left leg, Lollipop played.  She played in the water, walked the perimeter of the concrete, used the restroom, and once with brother's assistance played on the play equipment.  She sat.  She stood.  She splashed.  She played.  She had fun.  (and there was even a daycare around, I was a little nervous about that)

AND tonight as I was tucking her into bed and we talked about our day with a GIGANTIC smile on her face she proclaimed, "I didn't break anything today!".  I still asked if anything hurt as is our somewhat nightly custom, but she stated that she didn't have any pain in her legs and she even gave me a high five with her left arm (she's favored that one since it came out of the cast in May and hasn't given high fives with it).

I am truly one blessed mama tonight.

1 comment:

Janette said...

That's so awesome!! Just the fact that you took 6 kids to a playground alone would be an incredible feat. Adding in one that breaks easily and having her come back the same way your brought her is phenomenal! :)