Monday, March 19, 2012

Equipped or Called?

God Doesn't Call the Equipped, but EQUIPS the CALLED!!!!

That is how my life has been playing out lately. (sorry the posts have been so sporadic) My entire day is consumed with children, school, teaching to walk again, potty training (or at least talking about it :)), behavior management, carting to appointments...

January my medical mileage was 82% of the mileage in our Odyssey. February it was 75%. That is A LOT of doctor runs.

If you had asked me a year ago, before we got Lollipop if I was prepared I would have said, 'I think so, at least as best as I can be'.

Little did I know. LOL!

I was NOWHERE near prepared for the daily stress. I am a total flop at menu planning because my brain is constantly thinking about appointments, kids, school...and we don't even do anything extra curricular other than piano. I wake up everyday crying out to God to get us through another day (preferably without fractures) because I am tired, I hurt, have a headache, feel lousy OR even at dark thirty a child has made it clear that it will be a challenging day.

I do not feel equipped.  But, God did call us to adopt.  I am so thankful that HE equips those HE calls.  He doesn't give us everything we need at once, because then we might be too overwhelmed.  He gives us HIS GRACE to face challenges as we need it, cry out for it, intercede. 

I often hear from people how they couldn't do what I do.  You know what?  I can't do it either.  But through GOD ALL THINGS are possible.  I may not be as well equipped as I thought, but God has called our family to minister to those in need of families and those he calls he equips.

No comments: