Thursday, October 15, 2009

Why Evolution Just Can't Be True

If evolution was really was how animals were made and us intricate humans as well, then things would still be "evolving" and getting better, right?! However I have some examples of how this just isn't happening. My children would remember the first time that they aren't supposed to speak that way to their brother/mother/father. The dog would understand that I don't like senseless barking. The bushes in my yard would stay in their pruned shape and not grow out in all directions. My house would stay clean or clean itself! But alas, the kids need my parenting, the dog needs my instructions, the shrubs need trimmed, my house doesn't clean itself and the dirt doesn't "evolve" and walk out the door on its own accord. The clothes don't say, "Wow, we're dirty. I don't like feeling this way. Let's get clean!" and jump into the washer.
If evolution was in existence and things were getting better, you wouldn't have parents leaving their baby at home in a crib while they went out to party or get drunk or high. Or parents spending all their money on things for themselves while there is no food in the house to feed the kids. There simply wouldn't be a need for foster families and Child Protective Services, if evolution were actually occurring and things improving.
Unfortunately, we live in a world filled with depravity. I am a depraved being, I am not evolving into a better person on my own accord. It is by the grace of God, I am who I am and where I am today. It has not come easily, God is patient though and carries us through those times of us kicking and screaming that we want our own way. It is God's grace that saved me. It is God's grace that helps me everyday. It gives me insight into how to best help my kids understand something in an area that they are struggling in. It is God's grace that fills in my low places as a wife, mother and daughter. It is by God's grace that we will raise our children in a loving home when there are very unloving things that surround us. It is in God's grace that Elizabeth will receive the unconditional love that every child longs for and HE will help us figure out what is the "good and perfect" path to take to help Elizabeth be the best she can be.
Today has been a tough day for her. I am unsure whether the "honeymoon" is over (her adoption was final 1 month ago today) or she sensed that Daddy was going out of town tonight. Whatever it may be that caused her upset it also brought her closer to us. She willingly let me rock her to sleep for the first time tonight while singing "Jesus Loves Me" and "Amazing Grace". HIS grace is sufficient.

1 comment:

Piano mom said...

What a concept of dirty walking out of my house...I would love to figure that one out. So far, it just seems to walk in.