Thursday, September 10, 2009

Health Update, Sleep Update

Mr. Incredible was detained for a 1/2 hour because his initial temperature scan was too high, he failed the second one as well.  The officials were also concerned because his face was "red" (we had just walked a 1/2 mi. after deplaining) and his eyes bloodshot.  The officials listened that he had been traveling for over 30 hours and that he had contacts in which were making his eyes red.  Mr. I finally passed his third temperature test after hosing himself off at the lavatory.  He was finally able to join me and we could pass through immigration.  A special thanks to Mr. B who was a fellow traveler since LAX and alerted me to the fact that Mr. Incredible, who had been right behind me, was pulled aside.  One minute my Mr. Incredible was behind me and the next thing I knew he was no where to be seen.  I used that time to pray and sing in the airport.  Think of Paul and Silas in prison and how they praised, take it down several notches- since I didn't want to attract attention to myself- and there you have it, a little church going on in the Chinese airport.  We are feeling very blessed that we don't have to spend the next week in quarantine.
 
Well it's been 44 hours since I woke up on Tuesday morning, it is 1 am on Thursday (in Texas) and I have slept a total of 3 hours and 20 minutes.  Mr. Incredible dozes anywhere, so he has gotten lots more than me.
 
We are off to Shenzhen for the next day or so for Mr. Incredible to do some work.  I gotta get us repacked, shower and try to start making some sense- this update is taking all of the brain power I have.  I will probably be able to get to bed in around seven more hours.  Maybe I can nap on the train ride to Shenzhen.
 
Please lift up our tiny T, he's running a fever and coughing.  Fortunately, I remembered to take the breathing machine to my parents.
 
Picture is of us in our hotel room.
 

3 comments:

Mikki said...

Praying, praying, praying!! Keep the posts coming!

TexasNeals said...

so glad y'all got through.

Connie said...

We're praying! What a blessing, and quick thinking on the part of Mr. I.